MC101 Introduction to Avid Media Composer: Fundamentals I
Media Composer 101 is an introductory course designed to get a new user up-and-running on the software. In this course, students develop an understanding of the video editing process and the basic skills to edit a video project from start to finish. This includes understanding the relationship between media and project files, media storage location, the abilities to create the project file; bring in the source video and audio files; edit the sequence, add titles, music, and basic effects, and then export the finished sequence.
- Identify and understand the function of the primary Media Composer tools and windows
- Create/open a project using standard SD and HD formats
- Add basic effects and transition effects to the sequence
- Use automatic color correction to improve the appearance of video clips
- Adjust basic settings relating the media creation and user preferences
- Export the finished sequence as a high-quality video file, or for uploading to the web