DR101 - Introduction to DaVinci Resolve
December 17 - December 19
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Combining lecture and demonstration, this three day course covers the fundamentals of editing, color grading & audio in DaVinci Resolve.
This 3-day course covers the core fundamentals of editing, color grading & audio in DaVinci Resolve. This course combines lecture and demonstration of techniques and features as well as ample time for hands-on exercises to begin to master this powerful application.
- Choosing configuration and project settings.
- Conforming a project in Resolve.
- Round-tripping a project from Avid or Final Cut 7 to DaVinci Resolve and back again.
- Working in a “node” based color grading system. Understanding how to work with nodes, the importance and value of using multiple nodes, controlling node order, and using nodes to work efficiently.
- Using “primary” color correction features to re-balance contrast and color and saturation of the image.
- Using “curves” controls to manipulate the contrast and color of the image.
- Using the built-in video scopes including the Waveform, Vectorscope and Parade to evaluate the image.
- Shading parts of the image, re-lighting, creating vignettes, lightening parts of an image like an actor’s face.
- Automatic Multi-point Tracker: Use this powerful motion tracker to quickly track objects with Power Windows: this allows the user to have a window track a feature in the frame, and auto-scale, auto-rotate and automatically change shape over time to adjust to the object.
- Color Keying: Use tools to select a color or shade in the image to isolate and change the selected color.
- Gallery Stills: Learn how to take “still” snapshots of images in the timeline to compare when matching different shots in scene to scene color correction. Use stills to save and later re-apply color correction from one shot to another.
- PTZR: Pan, Tilt, Zoom, Rotate. Explore how to use sizing information in Resolve that was created in Avid or Final Cut. Explore how to resize an image directly in Resolve.
- Scene to scene color correction techniques to apply or append the correction from one shot to another.
- Introduction to working with a physical control surface to operate the features of Resolve.
- Rendering media for different workflows.
Class LocationMoviola Education Center 1015 North Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91506 United States + Google Map